The Pickwick Mill, built from 1856-1858, is one of the oldest water powered gristmills found in southeastern Minnesota. Construction is of locally quarried limestone, with a timber frame so closely fit nails were not used. The mill ran 24 hours a day producing 100 barrels daily for the Civil War Union Army. After the war it became a flour mill. Today the mill is an historic site and open to the public to visit. 15 minutes south of Winona and Hwys 61 & 14 turn off Cty #7 on Lake LaBelle in Pickwick, MN.
The Mill is open June, July and August from 10:00am to 5:00pm Tuesdays through Saturdays and from 11:00 am to 5:00pm on Sundays.
The Mill is open in May, September and October on weekends only.
The Mill is closed on Mondays.
Bus Tours are welcome. Please call for appointments or special arrangements.
"Mill Day" is the second Saturday in September.
Click on a point on the map to get directions to or from that area.
Latest Travel Blog PostsPickwick