Located on the Wisconsin shores of Lake Pepin in the lovely village of Pepin, the breakwater is a charming representation of all that is right with restored structures. Built in 1870, the building has been transformed many times over the years and is now a gallery and pub also offering weekend sailboat cruises. The owners, David Sheridan and Beth Anderson, have created an oasis in the middle of paradise.
“The point, really, is to stay on the water, or in the water,
or in a place with water lapping just outside.” - anon
Much more than an art gallery, many options await:
- Book a corporate or recreational sailing trip with On-Deck Seminar and Charters.
- Browse among many local and regional artists' fine work.
- Relax in the comfortable, living room atmosphere and gaze out at a stunning view of Lake Pepin.
- Enjoy a glass of wine, beer, coffee or a soft drink at the bar.
- Hop on-line and check your e-mail, the latest news, or get an up-to-the-minute weather report.
- Reserve space for your next event in our waterfront meeting rooms.
- Dance the night away with frequent musical events.
"Live where you want to live,
Do the work you love,
Have enough time and money
Wrapped around it
To have the life you want."
- David Sheridan